A busy year ahead at Pullahari Monastery in Nepal and Lava Kagyu Tekchen Ling Monastery in India, the Seats of His Eminence Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche, both Monasteries guiding the direction of Rigpe Dorje Centre – see schedule at bottom of this message. Although not there and therefore not directly involved, we can still share the blessings and merit of the auspicious activities.
Join Rigpe Dorje Centre in making designated offerings:
1. to Pullahari Monastery for the Nepal Kagyu Monlam – a festival of prayers for world peace and harmony and the well-being and happiness of all beings;
2. and, to Lava Kagyu Tekchen Ling Monastery for the Rainy Season Retreat (Vassa) – a tradition going back to the time of the Buddha, observed during the three-month monsoon season when monks gather for intensive prayers to generate spiritual energy through listening, contemplating and meditating.
Collectively we will show our devotion and support to the monks during these special events. This was actually recommended by the Buddha to the lay communities at that time.
Our goal is to raise $5000. Members and friends of the Centre are invited to contribute whatever is possible — all amounts are appreciated and tax deductible. The donor’s names and donations will be sent to the Monasteries, unless otherwise requested.
The deadline for contributions is February 10, 2019 by cash, cheque (to Rigpe Dorje Foundation) or PayPal.
You can also contribute to any of the other events listed below with personal donations through Rigpe Dorje Foundation.
- Jan 27 – Feb 3: Mahakala Gutor
- Feb 5 – 8: LOSAR
- Feb 12: Lhab Sang Puja (Raising the Prayer Flags)
- Feb 17 – 19: Nepal Kagyu Monlam at Pullahari
- Feb 25 – Mar 7: Chotrul Duchen 100,000 Butter Lamps offering and Monlam
- Mar 10 – 17: Grand 6-Armed Mahakala Puja
- Mar 25 – 29: 3rd Nyung Nes Program
- April 19 – 26: JKR3 28th Parinirvana Anniversary Puja
- May 8 – 14: 2nd Rigpe Dorje (Chinese Program)
- Jun 17 – Jul 1: Pullahari Monastic Nyungnes Retreat
LAVA KAGYU TEKCHEN LING MONASTERY
- Jun 16 – 17: Kangyur Reading followed by Buddha Jyanti Celebration and Ceremony
- Jul 16 – Aug 2: Rainy Season Retreat (Vassa)